Friday, August 27, 2010

A Plea for Help!

I have just come home from a long exhausting visit to my Dr. in Chicago. Actually, it wasn't a long visit but it was extremely exhausting. My condition remains the same in many ways, I am retaining less vitamin B12 in my system due to the autoimmune diseases which an expected issue. That seems to be the main change lately. The medication I am on is still holding it's own so to speak. However, we received some very bad news today. My Dr. has learned that the FDA plans to pull Midodrine from the market. This is the main medication I take for the Autonomic Dysfunction, it is the only option with this condition. The resons for pulling this medication are purely politicol. The FDA did requir the manufacturer to run studies on this medication recently. The studies showed that the medication was effective, however the FDA said that the studies did not show that the medication improved the quality of life for the patients. I remember well the time spent in the hospital and shortly after my diagnosis and don't want to relive that. I am asking anyone that is willing to help to write a letter to the FDA in care of the cardiac/renal department. If this medication is removed from the market there is nothing else I can take to help with the Autonomic Dysfunction.

Thanks, I hope to post something more fun soon. In the meantime Peace to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment