Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Dog Days of Summer

Well summer is here and of course what am I doing... thinking about a fall brunch. Yup!

I volunteered our church for the Womens fall brunch in October and the planning has started. I really have enjoyed the few that I have attended and hoped to help make this one just wonderful. The topic is Preparing your hearts, mind and home for the holidays. Does anyone have any suggestions for presentations. The committee is very willing to help pick something but I would really like to get input from you all. Is there someone you have heard speak or something you can think of to put together that would be great for all ages of women. We would like to have some of the younger women and also the kids take part in this day. Here are some of my thoughts. These are just my random thought, not those of the committee.

1. The devotion could be on something like gratitude. Gratitude in giving, receiving and sharing. This is something I know I need to hear about.
2. We could share recipes for our favorite holiday foods - people could bring cards and we can make copies. (Amy could make some great baked treats - just kidding :).
3. A speaker of some sort???
4. Someone could present/prepare a simple gift idea
5. Needs

The same type of thing could be for the kids too.

What do you think? Any ideas or suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment