Thursday, February 18, 2010

Our Lenten Journey

Lent has begun. I didn't give anything up or offer to give money or time to an organization. I am not going to ask my family to do those things either. This year for our lenten journey our focus will be devotion and prayer. We have a lenten devotional that we will do each day and I will encourage the girls to stop and pray during the day many times as I plan to do. Not just for meals or at bedtime or when I am doing my devitions but throughout the day. The muslims pray many times a day, it is actually a part of their daily routine. Could you imagine being that disciplined. I am looking forward to it. My goal is to pray 5 times a day. Now the act of praying is simple right. We will not simply pray but be in our prayers 5 times a day.

I read a devotion today that helped me in my decision to follow this discipline. Do you take time to read your bible each day?? If you do, has it just become something on your list of "should" do things each day? In reading the bible or praying we will not grow in our faith by just checking something off our to do list. I am challenging myself and my family to dig deeper and find true meaning in the prayers and readings this lent. Let God speak to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment